Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the incredible collages and animations of diego naguel

I love when artists who inspire me share the art that inspires them-- due to some underlying similarity in taste, it usually ends up being art I love, too, so maybe if I share some of my inspirations you will see something you love. Diego Naguel is an artist I am always happy to see pop up in my Flickr photostream... to me, his collages are not only beautiful artwork and well composed, but also almost a secret look into the layers, materials and processes that go into creating mutimedia artwork.


And lastly, his incredibly sketch animations... sketchimations? They make me think of the meaning of sketching and the entire beginning to end process... where the journey, or the process, of sketching is really the desired end, rather than just a means to an end.



I'll try to share more of the artists who inspire me soon :)

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous mix of illustration and collage! I love how sheer each layer is, allowing you to really see what's underneath. Totally rad.

    ReplyDelete