Tuesday, June 28, 2011

new summer artwork now available

Yes! New artwork-- inspired by the salty air in our new Boston neighborhood, the beach down the street, the bright flowers of spring popping up through concrete and winding around chain link fences, and the promise of summer sailing adventures-- is available in several different sizes of prints in my Etsy shop.

New Summer Prints
New Summer Prints
Salt Water
Salt Water
Salt Water
Sea Fever
Sea Fever
The World is Pretty Amazing
The World is Pretty Amazing

The last photo is an awesome example of how crisp and detailed these prints are... these butterflies are about 1" wide and were sewn right onto the canvas of the original painting, and in the print you can make out the fibers of the thread and the needle holes. I think I'll be listing the original works for sale later this week.

3 comments:

  1. Do you ever keep any of your original works to hang at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcheline- yes and no :) I make some artwork for myself that never gets shared or sold, and sometimes I'll hold on to a piece for a while after I've made it, but most of my work does eventually go up for sale since it is my income. I also really like the idea of an original piece of my artwork hanging in someone's home for their enjoyment, since most of my enjoyment comes from brainstorming and actually creating the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made salt water a print i fell in love with it months ago when it was in a picture on your blog... buying it friday along with maybe one other... thanks or keeping the world beautiful

    ReplyDelete