Friday, November 25, 2011

giving thanks

thanksgiving thanksgiving thanksgiving thanksgiving thanksgiving thanksgiving thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

The last couple weeks have been so, so busy preparing for and beginning the holiday rush... It was really nice to leave Boston for a few days and spend the holiday in Mike's hometown with his family. The only time I've flown back to Seattle for Thanksgiving was my freshman year of college because it's such a long, expensive flight... every other year I've gone to various friends' family gatherings and one year I even went camping in Maine alone... thinking back on those years, I am so thankful to now have another place that feels like "home." Mike's mom put together an incredible family meal and today we found the perfect Christmas tree for their beautiful house, followed by an impromptu pizza picnic at the water reservoir near the tree farm. I guess I'm thankful for picnic-quality weather at the end of November as well.

I'm also so thankful for all of you, and a bit overwhelmed by the last year... sometimes I look around my full studio late at night, or notice a big stack of packages waiting to be mailed, or read someone's response to receiving their new art, and I really do get a little choked up that this is my life now. I am literally living my dream, spending every day doing what I know I am on Earth to do, and experiencing my best life because of all of you and your willingness to share and invite my artwork into your homes.

I am beyond grateful for your support and I hope I can keep creating things that inspire you in return. I hope you enjoy your weekend, and all we have to be thankful for :)

2 comments:

  1. Mae,

    Happy Holidays to you and your family! Your second paragraph made me a little teary eyed too!! :) I am so happy for you! Having strong female artists like you out in the world is a lovely example for struggling, blossoming art students like myself that my dreams are indeed possible! :) You make me brave and I cannot wait to take on the world! (I have my copy of your To Be Brave print above my bed as a daily reminder of that very thing!!) Take care and lots of love!

    -Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! These photos are great, especially the sunny table setting one. Glad to know you had a welcoming Thanksgiving. Good luck with the chaos of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete