Friday, August 16, 2013

30 day painting challenge: days 8, 9, 10

Happy Friday! Here are days 8, 9 and 10 from my 30 day painting challenge. 




I'm 1/3 of the way through! It has definitely been a challenge to keep up with these and finish at least one a day (more to make up for summer adventure days) on top of preparing for a little show and an art fair next month. I've really appreciated your feedback on the first ten paintings :)

To answer the many emails I've gotten about these pieces, they are 7"x10" and painted on 140 lb. Arches watercolor paper. Most of them will be for sale after all 30 are completed mid-September. They'll be matted and framed. I don't know if any will be made into prints. 

7 comments:

  1. Your work is stunning!!
    I just popped through via "Golly Bard"
    I'm so happy to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mae.

    I just read through your process with the 30 in 30 challenge - and it's pretty exciting. I really like your work; it's a great idea to make these collages.
    Keep it up - I'll be following :D
    ☼ Maiken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maiken :) I'm so glad you're following along!

      Delete
  3. Hi Mae. Do you have a post or interview that explains how you transfer your photos to the canvas? Do you lay down a background layer of vintage paper, etc., first? Love all the color in your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't have any posts about it!

      Truthfully, I found that whenever I've shared specific details about my technique in the past, I've seen nearly identical copycat artwork pop up all over online, so I don't share much anymore.

      Delete
    2. I understand. Thanks for your response. I really enjoy your blog.

      Delete