Thursday, August 22, 2013

30x30 project: days 12, 13, 14

 

Here are days 12, 13, and 14 of my 30 paintings in 30 days project. Each is 7"x10" on Arches watercolor paper and inspired by the darker part of summer... foggy beach days, dusk on the harbor and clear city nights. I intentionally made the text in the last one a little dark to see, sort of how you have to squint your eyes at night to make things out, but you can read the whole Robert Frost poem here.

I've been painting almost non-stop this week and am finally taking a short break to relax with friends (Country Fest!) and travel (Block Island!) over the next few days. Have a fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Robert Frost poem.. you illustrated it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! The ship one is my favorite! It looks just like the tall ships here in San Fran!

    ReplyDelete