Friday, March 16, 2012

sweet carolina

Oh my sweet Carolina, what compels me to go
Oh my sweet disposition, may you one day carry me home
- Ryan Adams, "Oh My Sweet Carolina"

"Sweet Carolina" in progress

When I saw this sweet little farm while road tripping through western North Carolina last fall, I knew it would become a painting but I couldn't really wrap my head around exactly how it should look or progress until just now. I think I'll add a few more details but not too many... "Sweet Carolina" sort of just fell together itself and I'm so happy with her.

7 comments:

  1. "Carolina, one day I'll, some day I'll come home." -The Avett Brothers

    As someone from the Carolinas, I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing! i do believe my great great grandparents were from the carolinas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps you captured it in such a lovely way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Mae! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete