Thursday, May 24, 2012

summer

Happy (almost) Memorial Day weekend! 


I'm looking forward to the long weekend... excited to get offline, out of my studio, and play with friends and family. I know its not technically summer yet but I just love living somewhere where the seasons change noticeably and suddenly it's the first hot, sticky weekend of the year. Even though I'm no longer in school and am blessed to mostly make my own work schedule, I can't help but equate summer with feelings of freedom... warm weather just begs for you to get outside and explore and wander, which is what I plan to do for the next few weeks. Lots of photographing, beachcombing, camping, writing in my sketchbook, laying in the grass. Anything that refills my creative cup and gives me material and experiences to make into art, I guess? Hello, summertime!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you endless days of sun, good friends and waiting to be made, memories. Enjoy every second. Love your newest pieces...I gotta get me a print or two. Your work just makes me smile and touches that tender part of my heart where I can remember what it was like to be in my 20's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! we'll take our sandwiches to the beach!!! yesterday we had breakfast there AND a pre dinner swim....today we might go out sailing with the grandparent....bring on SUMMER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete