Monday, February 11, 2013

i need the sea

So much has been going on around here that I completely forgot to share my latest painting with you! I worked on this one for a while and it took on many different incarnations before reaching "just right".


"I Need The Sea"
16"x20" mixed media on canvas
by Mae Chevrette
Prints available in 
my Etsy shop

This painting means a lot to me. "I Need The Sea" was inspired by a long-ago road trip up California's Route 1 and the memory of sitting on the grassy cliffs of Big Sur, digging my toes into the sandy clay and having my hair tossed in the sun by the cool salty wind whipping up the rocks... breathing in the mist and being smugly content with my little sunny spot and simultaneously overwhelmed by the vastness of it all. Doesn't that usually happen at least for a quick moment in every sea encounter? No matter the coastline or the temperature, breaking waves or flat plains of mirror sand... that feeling is never far off, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment