Thursday, August 8, 2013

30 paintings in 30 days: day 4

Day 4 was inspired by how lovely the sky was when we were anchored on Prudence Island on Monday night. It was warm enough to sit outside on deck until around midnight, and the sky was so clear and so dark that we saw dozens of satellites drifting across the sky and even a handful of shooting stars. 


I have a lot of catching up to do on my "30 paintings in 30 days" goal... maybe I shouldn't have started something so ambitious during the summer, when I'm off on warm weather adventures for half of every week? But after this week's sailing trip and an afternoon nose deep in a book of poetry I'm feeling very refreshed and full of ideas and energy and am anxious to get it all down on paper. These little paintings have been really helpful in fleshing out random inklings of ideas that otherwise may have stayed stashes away in my sketchbook for lack of cohesiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment