Monday, October 21, 2013

favorites near and far: october

Hello! While I wait for paint to dry (literally...) here are some things I am loving from near and far:


This 1924 envelope from Boston to New York City, and this Western Union telegraph with an unknown story, both of which I scored to use in a freelance project for a Boston client. The idea of telegraphs blows my mind... I wonder what communication we use today will become completely obsolete by an invention we can't even fathom right now? 


This painting by Clare Elsaesser, in her Jenner, California studio.


This bag. I found Forestbound several years ago and have been smitten ever since. I love seeing the vintage textiles and flour sacks that Alice salvages and turns into utilitarian totes and market bags. This tote has long since sold but her new pieces are just as stunning.


This polaroid emulsion of the Salton Sea, California.



This dress. I love everything eyelet, crochet, white and scalloped. For $30, it became mine, so I took in the top, altered the sleeves and it's one of my new favorites. It's perfect with slouchy boots, leggings and an oversized fall sweater on a quick coffee dates downtown.


This vintage Kilim patterned rug. I love the brown, pink and tan color combination and the intricate detail.


This leftover footage of dawn surfing by videographer Alex Frings.

That's it for now, I hope you enjoyed these little bits of inspiration. I'll have two more paintings from my 30x30 project for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment