Thursday, May 22, 2014

dispatch from the caribbean

Hello from the British Virgin Islands! Mike and I have been sailing with his parents, brother and sister for the past eight days, island hopping between (I think) six or seven islands, including Tortola, Jost van Dyke, Virgin Gorda and Norman Island. I'm typing this up on a sandy, salt-covered tablet and sneaking a bar's wireless internet after a Red Stripe or five, so hopefully this posts correctly with a few quick shots of our travels so far...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! The colors on these pictures are so vivid and beautiful - they're sure to inspire some fabulous paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ali! I'm especially excited to use the flower shots :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you're having a wonderful time. I was just in Mexico with my daughter. It was one of those cheap all inclusive week to get away, but boy it sure was fun. Now I'm back and hard at work in dreary Vancouver...well, it's not too bad weather wise...but I sure miss that sunny, warm beach. :) Love the aging filter on the plumeria photo. If it's not proprietary knowledge I'd love to know which one it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an adventure! The picture of the hammock is especially fabulous, and I had to chuckle at the one of your foot and the fish. I think you're supposed to have sand between your toes, not fish :)

    ReplyDelete