Monday, June 23, 2014

making of "to the deep"

Right before my trip to Minneapolis I finished "To The Deep," an 18"x36" mixed media painting using a much loved photo from our last whale watch

A lot of my paintings explore my experience along the shore, but I really wanted this one to convey all the ethereal mystery and lurking darkness that the open ocean holds. I knew there would be many layers of paper and color in this one so I decided to document the process of creating it on my instagram feed, from first layers of paper to the last paint splatter. Here are a few shots from the process:


You can see all of them on my Instagram. "To The Deep" is available for purchase in my shop.

2 comments:

  1. Will you do prints of this or only sell it as an original? I'd love a print, if you make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there will be prints of this one once the original sells :)

      Delete